How to Style A Patio
By CENTURY 21 on June 13th, 2014
Follow our tips to turn your patio into an outdoor oasis:
- Floor Design: Decide what kind of style and atmosphere you’d like to achieve before buying your materials. If you’re looking for a contemporary feel, choose an interesting stone design. For a more classic look, stick with a wooden deck. For less maintenance, consider using a wood alternative.
- Furniture and Fabric: Summer means extra heat and occasional rain storms. Choose durable furniture and fabrics that will withstand the natural elements. When you are decorating consider how you want to use your space. Are you primarily hosting dinner parties or simply lounging outside? Choose furniture and accessories that will work well for you!
- Kitchen Area: Grilling season is here. Make a mini outdoor kitchen by arranging your BBQ next to a side table. Store kitchen utensils, plates, and other grilling supplies on the side table.
- Fire Pit: You don’t need a big space to enjoy a summer bonfire. Make a small fire pit the focal point of your patio. Do your research before placing one in your yard so that it is a safe distance from your home, then start making summertime s’mores!
- Finishing Touches: Now that you’ve got the basics down, it’s time to add the finishing touches! Outdoor lanterns make great lighting for the evenings. Add some greenery to your patio with flowers and plants from your garden to keep the look cohesive. Don’t forget some candles to keep the bugs away.
Gather your loved ones and celebrate summer the right way – and in a space you love!
- See more at: http://blog.century21.com/2014/06/how-to-style-a-patio/#sthash.vPPfILVO.dpuf