Interior design? There’s an app for that. We’ve rounded up five apps that will make your interior design projects easier. These apps seem like something straight from The Jetsons, but we can assure you that they are real and really helpful!
1. Benjamin Moore Color Capture® App (Android, iPhone, iPad): This app has multiple uses that are perfect for helping you choose colors for your home. If you’ve ever chosen paint colors before you know how hard it can be to choose between two colors that look so similar, yet so very different. Use this app to share your favorite colors on social media or by email, “favorite” colors, access the full color wheel (without having to carry it around), and write down notes. One standout feature of this app, is that you can take a picture of something that you love and the app will generate the corresponding Benjamin Moore paint colors! Paint different rooms with the colors of your favorite bouquet, sunset, flower, outfit, and whatever else inspires you!
2. Furnish (Android, iPhone, iPad): Wouldn’t it be great if you could see how your furniture would look in your home before you buy it? This app allows you to do just that! Use the app to browse furniture from their partners, Target, Ikea, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Herman Miller, and Knoll, then upload a picture of the room where you want the furniture and see if you like how it looks!
3. Home 3D (iPhone, iPad): Use the architecture functionality to create your home’s floorplan and rearrange it so that it becomes your ideal layout. Use the interior design functionality to add and rearrange furniture, to paint or wallpaper different rooms and to test different looks. If that isn’t cool enough, you can also use the 3D dollhouse mode to virtually walk through your home!
4. iHandy Carpenter (Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch): iHandy Carpenter has a plumb bob, a surface level, a bubble level bar, a steel protractor, and a steel ruler all conveniently located on your phone! This is a great app for carpenters, handymen, and people who are decorating their home. No more tilting your head quizzically to see if the painting or picture you hung is straight!
5. Autodesk Homestyle (Android, iPhone, iPad): Use Homestyler to see how furniture, light fixtures, rugs, paintings, mirrors, and more look in your home! The app has 3D images which give you an accurate representation of what your home will look like. Use the app to browse and buy furniture from a long list of brands including Crate and Barrel, Ethan Allen, Jonathan Adler, and Pottery Barn. We all know that choosing paint is a huge commitment. You can try paint colors and wallpaper to see how it looks in your home! Browse the Design Stream for inspiration and ideas, share designs with friends and family, look through Portfolio Pages of professional designers, and ask the professionals for their advice.
Loving your living space is so important. Interior design can be stressful because you want everything to be perfect. These apps help you try before you buy and make sure everything is just right.
- See more at: http://blog.century21.com/2014/05/lets-get-app-y-3-apps-for-interior-design/#sthash.ovjzVsvo.dpuf