How to Decorate Your Home on a Budget
Buying a home is expensive, but decorating doesn’t have to be. You can decorate a home that shows off your style and personality without breaking the bank. Use these tips to decorate your home on a budget.
1. Make a Budget: Before you start shopping, create a budget that makes sense for you. How much are you willing to spend for a quick update? Figure out which pieces are essential in your home decor and work around that. For example, if you’re decorating a living room, a majority of your money will go towards a nice couch or entertainment center. List out what you’re willing to spend for certain items.
2. Shop Flash Sale Sites: Flash sale sites like Joss & Main and One King’s Lane offer their customers designer brands for discounted prices. These types of sales are a great way to stay within your budget, while still achieving the look you want.
3. DIY: Estate sales and flea markets are great ways to find vintage pieces for less. Don’t be discouraged by their rugged appearances! The furniture might need a little TLC, but a simple DIY project will do the trick. Quick paint jobs, new hardware and some dusting will have these pieces looking good as new! You can also buy less expensive furniture from stores like Ikea. Paint them, add new fixtures, and make them your own. Google “Ikea hacks” for inspiration.
4. Personal Touches: Grab a camera and get outside! Sometimes the best wall decor is your own. Print your favorite photographs to display in nice frames. Play around with patterns and color depending on your style. Create gallery walls with your favorite family photos, photos from trips, wedding pictures, or pictures around your neighborhood.
One added benefit of this approach is that it encourages you to infuse your personality into every element of home design. You don’t have to stick to the status quo – you are making decisions that represent you and your family.
- See more at: http://blog.century21.com/2014/05/how-to-decorate-your-home-on-a-budget/#sthash.B4JdKsda.dpuf